Product Sales Specialist
JobDescription : Product Sales Specialist
Grade: 12 - for internal purposes
The Team: This role sits within the Global Business, Transaction and Product Management (BTPM) team and reports to the Global Head of Product Solutions.
- Leverage ESG expertise to become an internally and externally recognized subject-matter expert on ESG topics, including regulatory changes, industry best practices, emerging trends, stakeholder issues and competitor benchmarking
- Utilizing in-house corporate responsibility and sustainability experience, work closely with product development and management to identify market gaps and areas for product innovation
- Apply subject-matter expertise of corporate responsibility and sustainability to S&P Global Ratings client engagements to enhance sales conversations, and communicate with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to ESG and sustainable finance
- Maintain a thorough expertise of various ESG topics, e.g., greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and reporting frameworks and leverage knowledge of market practices to continue to evolve S&P Global's Ratings ESG product and sales approach; including global reporting frameworks such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Have strong working knowledge of the S&P Global Ratings business, customers and product suite, including Green & ESG Leverage connections with notable ESG third parties and intermediaries such as the UN Principles for Responsible investment (UN PRI) and Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF)
- Engaging clients on insights and strategies related to ESG, long-term value, or corporate strategies in general to drive sales for product offerings
- Working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations
- Define and execute a sales approach and strategy for defined client opportunities in partnership with lead sales representative. Lead presentation and overall sales approach in respect towards ESG opportunities.
- Meet and surpass annual sales target. Target will be aligned with ESG targets of lead sales reps.
- Analyze a large territory and identify key ES and G prospecting opportunities.
- Partner with marketing team to drive ESG demand via effective and intelligent marketing collateral and sales content specific to ESG.
- Role model to sales team; sales approach and communication of ESG value statements in an effective way that serves as benchmark to close ESG opportunities.
- Communication of market developments and changes in competitive landscape.
- Understanding of larger S&P Global product suite and capabilities to recognize cross-selling opportunities and demonstrate product knowledge.
- Enhance the reputation of S&P's through ensuring professional proactive engagement with the market which will beneficially impact our external stakeholders' view of the value we add to the global ratings market.
- 7+ years of experience in implementing and managing corporate sustainability/ESG programs; experience at a large global organization highly desirable
- 7+ years of financial services experience and industry knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; advanced degree in relevant discipline, for example sustainability, environmental or energy management preferred; relevant professional qualifications an advantage
- Acumen of S&P Global Ratings' business, industry and customers
- Comfortable with extensive travel
- Has working knowledge of relevant analytical criteria including ratings, green evaluations, ESG etc.
- Has working knowledge of ESG assessor market including Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc.
- An understanding of S&P business and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level
- Must be able to manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating, take the initiative and personal responsibility to, for example, create ongoing relationships with their stakeholder portfolio
- Effective team worker who readily shares market intelligence and experience amongst the group
- Influence and advise management on necessary changes and execute against the portfolio and set plan
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to adapt to global environment
Open Date: 17th September 2019
Closing Date: 17th October 2019
Salary: Competitive + bonus