Our Commercial Banking (CB) division have business clients across a wide variety of sectors - from small businesses to multinational corporations. Many of the clients we support are household names, driving UK growth, and we've pledged to help the UK economy recover by helping British industry.
Client Products exists to build and manage the portfolio of the Commercial Bank. This involves management of products, growing our business through co-ordinated client propositions and improving Commercial Banking's client insight, digitisation and innovation.
Reporting to the MD, this key leadership role is an outstanding opportunity to undertake a senior and pivotal position within the Lending Products team.
You'll be responsible for nurturing a team of c.5, ensuring we build and maintain a market-leading Risk and Control environment across Lending and Asset Finance products. As a leader within the team, there'll also be the opportunity to present at senior committees and deputise for senior colleagues, including the MD.
You'd collaborate with colleagues in Products and across the group to develop policy on, investigate, evaluate and mitigate risk.
Core purpose of the role:
* Building relationships with key internal customers to build a robust risk framework, sharing knowledge across the Lending team.
* Planning and delivering product risk requirements, working collaboratively with Risk partners and Product Risk and Governance teams where appropriate.
* Provide input and challenge to risk reviews, led by Product Managers/Heads or external Risk partners such as CB Business Risk
* Lead the interface to Risk teams internally and externally to Client Products.
* Work with Coverage teams to ensure distribution activities are adhered to, coordinate and handle remediation and rectification activities working with Product Managers
* Develop effective relationships and develop a network across the business to keep advised of developments, horizon risks and understand business process risks and issues.
* Provide input into the development of compliance and risk policies, develops underlying procedures and monitors their implementation.
* Takes ownership for leading the monthly risk forum and coordinate submissions to Lending Product Approval and Risk Committee, CB Product Governance Committee and Client Products Risk Committees.
You may also be asked to represent the team at various committees as appropriate given the fantastic reach of the team.
What skills are we looking for from you?
You'll need to display the following qualities and characteristics:
* Inspiring, a strategic problem solver with a passion for outstanding customer experiences.
* Intellectually curious in your outlook with an ability to assimilate information and establish a fact base from which to spot risk and inform decision making.
* Leadership abilities - building trust and empowering teams using mentoring techniques to provide constructive challenge.
* Strong influencer: able to successfully manage key partners and priorities, influencing at senior levels with a strong customer ethos.
What experience do you need to apply for this role
You should have a good understanding of Risk Management Frameworks gained within Financial Services (ideally Commercial Banking) and be able to demonstrate practical application of risk principles while leading a team.
You'll evidence your ability to identify, assess, control and mitigate risks to business - from an Operational, Regulatory or Credit Risk perspective. An awareness and understanding of the main risks facing our industry and the ability to assess impact and work through remediation activity to define client treatment strategies would be highly beneficial.
So, what can we offer you in return?
Lending Products represents a diverse team of motivated colleagues from a range of different backgrounds. We believe that having a diverse team helps us to deliver the best outcomes for our clients and for the bank. We celebrate an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and respected.
We're also an award-winning equal opportunity employer. Join us and you'll have the chance to reach your full potential, whatever your role or background.
And if you need any reasonable accommodation to the application or selection process just let us know. Together we make it possible.
The role would ideally suit someone living a commutable distance from London or Edinburgh. However we encourage a flexible working approach across our team. More than just offering flexible working hours, it's about having trust in our team members to handle their work and their time as they see fit to allow them to deliver their best.
We'd also provide you with a competitive salary, performance share bonus generous pension contribution, share schemes and a healthy holiday allowance.
So if you have the Risk Management experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...