Product Prospectus Manager
Who we're looking for
A conscientious and collaborative legal professional to help develop a new prospectus management function within the Schroders' Product Development Team. The role will be a key conduit for the legal and regulatory output of all product development activity driven by the Product Development Team.
The successful candidate will have prior experience as an investment funds lawyer or professional support lawyer or have other relevant legal and industry experience of equivalent quality. UK and Luxembourg authorised funds experience is essential.
Working with senior leadership of the Product Development Team the successful candidate will help define and structure the prospectus, regulatory filing and ancillary document management role and function across multiple fund ranges.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The role is based in London.
The Product Development Team is responsible for co-ordinating the development of new products and on-going range management for our Luxembourg and UK fund ranges including taking the responsibly for prospectus and regulatory submissions:
• Development - taking ownership of the development cycle from initial concept, through detailed design, build and launch.
• Management - ongoing product range management to ensure existing products are fit for purpose. To the extent that issues are identified, it formulates action plans to ensure appropriate action is taken.
• Prospectus & Regulatory Submissions - co-ordinate and are responsible for all prospectus amendments for regulatory filings and managing all associated documentation.
What you'll do
In conjunction with Group Legal draft and review UK and Luxembourg fund related documentation including prospectuses, shareholder letters and Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs).
• Draft and advise on related correspondence and manage all documentation with the FCA, the CSSF and external lawyers.
• In conjunction with Group Legal, advising on new fund launches and restructuring of existing funds (merging, closing, increasing investment powers etc.).
• Drafting, negotiating and co-ordinating any ancillary prospectus submission documents including anything required for regulatory submissions or the fund boards.
• Manage, co-ordinate and work with key stakeholders across the business including the investment teams, operations, compliance, risk, legal, tax and finance teams to ensure fund legal documentation is accurate and regularly updated.
• Maintain awareness of competitor, regulatory and market developments.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrable asset management / post-qualification fund experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of UCITS and AIF authorised fund products and unauthorised fund products.
• Good understanding of the legal and regulatory risks associated with the financial services industry and applicable FCA and CSSF regulation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent attention to detail and procedure.
• In-depth knowledge/experience of the investment management, funds/asset management industry.
• Ability to multitask across multiple Schroders' fund ranges and asset classes.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Qualifications within investment/asset management e.g. IMC, CAIA, CFA etc.
• Wider experience within investment/asset management business.
What you'll be like
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with staff across the business at all levels up to senior management.
• Positive attitude; genuinely pro-active and keen to take responsibility.
• Strong organisational/prioritisation skills.
• Creative with a strong desire to improve and refine the role.
• A keen sense of team spirit.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or