Product Onboarding & Implementation Analyst, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Product Onboarding & Implementation Analyst, OfficerWe believe that our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. We wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We then apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. We employ more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries; have nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
The UK institutional marketplace is of vital strategic importance to SSGA and our London office is the headquarters of our Europe, Middle East and Africa business. In this role you will work within an exciting, high-functioning, dynamic, and fast strengthening team environment.
Reporting to: Manager of European New Business
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Product On-boarding & Implementation Analyst you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient implementation of fund launch and change events. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients and counterparties, you will take ownership of events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Planning and management of the end to end process for SSGA product launch, change and closure events.
- Project-manage fund launches, including complex shareclass structures and hedged sleeves.
- Providing advice and consulting with all participant parties on all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- Update and completion of event checklists and information packs for each event, ensuring adherence to procedures, to facilitate risk free event support.
- Work closely with the Product Development & Funds Management teams to ensure timely implementation of events.
- You will ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain fund and portfolio reference data.
- Extensive liaison with custodians and transfer agencies across multiple jurisdictions (Inc. Ireland, US, Luxembourg, UK)
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- You will chair meetings with internal teams both, in preparation for, during, and post event.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
You will interact with counterparts, custodians, fund administrators, investment and transition managers and other third party providers external to SSGA. Internally, key interactions will be with product strategists, relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal investment support, trade support, and reconciliations.
You are forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines, and to perform well in a high pressure environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker, fund administrator or custodian.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- Experience with UCITS products (SICAVs & ETFs), Unit Trusts, QIAIFs, and UK Domicled Pooled Pension Funds.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.