The role will be responsible for developing,delivering and distributing some of the core product content for AXA IM product priorities, to help drive sales into key growth areas and/or to maintain/defend AXA IM’s market position. This role will require a high level of interaction and close teamwork with business partners and investment platforms to develop and maintain high-quality, first class level content and the ability to translate complex topics into compelling and simple messages delivered in a visually differentiated way.
• Take full responsibility for driving, developing and implementing some of the core content toolkit for specific sales campaigns, aligned to business priorities, working closely with Client Group, product specialists and sales to deliver the content menu required and any additional items. This will include developing the messaging framework and proposition for key product/franchises working closely with sales, PSUs and the global segment team as well as ensuring agreed messaging is reflected across all marketing elements and coordinating internal sales training in conjunction with Client Group.
• Work in partnership with the global and local marketing managers to develop and deliver the required product content for specific strategic and tactical campaigns, aligned to focus/defence product priorities. It is critical for this role to fully understand key client needs/business objectives and make proactive strategic recommendations for client materials.
• Timely delivery of all product content and collateral required, working closely with product specialists and sales, and using freelance writers when required – scope of content: pitch-book presentations, prospecting materials, sales ideas, web content, video content, email content and reporting for factsheets. This will involve managing/coordinating the whole production process, working closely with our internal design team and also compliance.
• Generate ideas and deliver new and innovative ways of promoting AXA IM, our capabilities and products to clients specially refreshing the why now stories to help sales find new angles to open doors to sell products or to retain and defend.
• Work closely with other content functions across the business, including corporate messaging and content editorial team to formulate our overall content strategy and content pipeline.
• Ensure that material complies with corporate standards, that it effectively communicates desired message and meets project deadlines/specifications.
• Maintain and develop strong relationships with the sales team, portfolio managers, product specialists, operations, corporate communications,local marketing, compliance and other business functions as appropriate.
• Be a proactive member of the global marketing and communications community, actively participating and sharing best practices
• An extensive experience within the asset management or financial industry, with a focus on developing messaging, value propositions and product marketing content.
• Proven product marketing and investment writing skills. They will also have excellent technical knowledge and understanding of investment products, the asset management industry and of financial markets. Particular specialism in equities beneficial.
• Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different audiences (institutional, fund selectors, professional advisers and end investors), both written and graphically, ranging in knowledge and sophistication
• Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate
• Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficient with statistical information, able to interpret data and used it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams and person (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information.
• Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment. Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
• Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’Superb writing and communication skills