Product Marketing Financial Engineering Trainee
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The candidate will join the Product Marketing Team, part of the Engineering Department, within the Markets Division of SGCIB.
Product marketing sits at the heart of engineering teams, providing all stakeholders with the tools to better serve clients:
• Providing sales with the support to ensure proper client understanding of our hedging and investment solutions: product presentations, RFP, sales trainings, videos, knowledge management tools
• Helping engineers to convey their ideas and solutions with sales : product mapping, product analysis / backtesting, regulatory approval
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Assisting sales in providing tools for their clients: marketing material (entire suite), excel files
• Assisting engineers in developing the new product offer
• Ensuring correct regulatory standards alongside compliance and legal teams
Summary of responsibilities
• Drafting marketing presentations, brochures, factsheets for cross-asset structured products
• Past performance simulation and scenario analysis for derivative products using excel and VBA
• Assisting dedicated sales in servicing institutional clients, private banks and wealth managers
• Liaising with pricing and structuring teams in developing the product offer
• Liaising with compliance department in order to comply with the latest FCA financial promotions policy
• Good knowledge of SG research publication and ability to summarise it in marketing presentations
• Conducting market research
• Ability to work with Bloomberg and other data bases
• Promoting new ways to deliver our offer internally and externally
• Keeping up to date with regulatory changes
• Ability to multi task
• Financial markets & derivatives knowledge
• Good Excel & VBA desirable
• Advance Power point skills
• Rigorous & Attention to details
• Ability to Work Under Pressure
• Organizational skills: Time management & ability to deliver
• Innovation skills: Proactively propose innovative marketing
• Communication: Ensure flow of information between the marketing team and covered sales team
• Leadership: Ability to manage projects
Prior experience within financial services is essential and any exposure to derivatives is desirable.
Higher Education is a prerequisite. The candidate needs to have a Degree in Business Studies, Economics or any Science Degree
English is mandatory, any other European language a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.