- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 11 Dec 17
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Product Manager, Real Estate
Team Overview Schroders REIM is a London based global real estate investment manager. Schroders has managed real estate funds since 1971 and currently has about £12 billion of real estate assets under management. Our team consists of around 150 people operating from thirteen
Schroders REIM is a London based global real estate investment manager. Schroders has managed real estate funds since 1971 and currently has about £12 billion of real estate assets under management.
Our team consists of around 150 people operating from thirteen offices globally. The team is experienced in investment management, research and strategy, product and client management, finance and administration and benefits from the significant resources of the Schroder Group.
We manage a broad range of open and closed ended real estate funds, offering investors exposure to both diversified and sector focused portfolios, and differing risk and return profiles. Investors can choose between single country funds and regional funds. AUM is currently about 60% in the UK, 25% in Continental Europe and 15% international/Global. The indirect investment funds are Capital Partnerships and Global Real Estate Securities. Our Strategic Partners business is focussed on provision of separate accounts and JV opportunities for large international real estate investors.
Overview of Role
The role is a product management role sitting within the real estate product management team and reporting to the Head of Real Estate Product. The individual will act as a specialist product manager with a strong and effective link between the real estate investment team and the wider Schroders distribution function. The role involves managing and implementing all product matters including:
• managing and compiling client reporting (together with internal fund services and fund accounting)
• dealing with queries (both internal and external) on relevant funds
• arranging client communications
• compiling and updating marketing materials
• coordinating and compiling RFP submissions relating to both funds and separate accounts
• arranging investor and consultant meetings working with the wider Schroder distribution teams and delivering presentations
• devising and coordinating effective PR materials
• assessing and arranging relevant fund modernisations or restructurings (working with external advisers)
• devising and implementing (with other internal teams) suitable strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of marketing, distribution and operation of the relevant fund
• working with other Schroder Real Estate team members to develop new and relevant real estate investment strategies
• liaising as appropriate and ensuring consistency of information with various internal teams (including distribution, marketing, PR, compliance, legal, fund services and fund accounting) as well as external parties (registrars, placement agents, PR, corporate brokers, secondary market makers)
The role also involves executing the growth strategy set by the Global Head of Real Estate for a diverse investment business.
Overall Strategy and focus in the first 18 months:
Focus of work is likely to be the product management of (1) the Schroder UK Real Estate Fund (SREF), a £2.4 billion diversified UK direct real estate fund. http://www.schroders.com/en/uk/schroder-uk-real-estate-fund/ and (2) our Real Estate Capital Partners business (formerly real estate multi-manager)
Specific workstreams outside of ‘business as usual’ product management matters will include:
1. Working with the SREF fund manager and other internal Schroder teams (including compliance, marketing and US distribution) to develop a sales and marketing initiative in the US to generate £50 million of inflows
2. Working with the investment team to identify and assess inorganic growth opportunities for SREF.
3. Improving fund marketing materials to highlight key areas of influence on UK real estate valuations and real estate fundamentals in order allay investor concentration on Brexit concerns/volatility.
4. Improving fund marketing and PR materials to emphasise Schroder Real Estate thought leadership and active management
5. Working with local distribution teams to maximise SREF’s marketing and investor penetration throughout Europe and making the most of SREF’s AIFMD licence.
6. Working with the investment team to devise coinvestment strategies for SREF.
7. Assisting the Capital Partners team in the development of additional capital raising strategies and marketing of the Residential Land Partnership
8. Assisting the Capital Partners team in the development of a new debt strategy offering
9. Devising strategies alongside the Head of UK Real Estate Product and other internal Schroder teams to position Schroder Real Estate at the forefront of Local Government Pension Schemes in order to capture a meaningful proportion of this market
10. Devising strategies to improve distribution and marketing of certain smaller funds
• This role would suit a committed, hard working individual preferably with a real estate fund management background
• Good understanding of international investment capital and a broad understanding of wider investment markets.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• A thorough understanding of the process of product/fund development.
• Up to date knowledge of current practice and legislation.
• Experience in fund structuring and fund pricing
• Experience in governance and risk management processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven track record.
• Experience in investor relations and client management
• Hard working.
• Consistent track record of success.
• Self motivated and ability to motivate teams (whether internal or external).
• Consistent record of meeting deadlines.
• Superb interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and make presentations.
• Demonstrate that they can uphold Schroders’ core values.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.