Product Manager, Crude Oil
The Role: Product Manager, Crude Oil - Product Development & Management
The Location: London
Grade: 11 (For internal purposes only)
The Team: This role sits in the S&P Global Platts Product organization and reports into the Senior Director for Crude and Refined Products. The role works closely with customers and stakeholders to understand requirements and ensures delivery of products that meet customer needs and aligns with business strategy.
The Impact: The solution for crude oil includes pricing, analytics tools, market insight, and news. The Product Manager will play a substantial role in developing a coherent product offering around these features, delivering it to clients (go-to-market), and driving revenue growth.
What's in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play a highly strategic role within S&P Global Platts, by managing and shaping the business plan for one of the largest commodity segments by size and share of revenue. Working within the Product organization also gives the opportunity to engage with and gain exposure to all areas of the business, liaising with cross-functional team members and global teams on a daily basis.
Responsibilities: The Crude Oil Product Manager's main responsibility will be to plan and execute on the product strategy. Ultimately driving revenue by meeting the needs of current customers, displacing competitors, penetrating new markets, solving new problems, or selling to new client bases. In addition, this role will work closely with the Senior Director for Crude and Refined Products and content leadership to identify additional strategic expansion opportunities and build them into the roadmap.
- Lead the development of the roadmap for crude, present future enhancements to senior management and advocate for resources
- Create, maintain and prioritize a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Attend regular meeting with the technology team to discuss progress and take the appropriate actions to drive delivery
- Contribute to the transition of the existing product portfolio from legacy delivery mechanisms into a single platform
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers to build a deep understanding of their needs, workflows and problems.
- Define success metrics and analyze customer feedback and product usage in order to feed that back into the product roadmap
- Develop and execute on go-to-market plans for product rollout/launch
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Product organization and internal stakeholders within the S&P Global business in a highly matrixed environment
Being held accountable for execution, tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, in time, and on budget. Basic Qualifications:
- Strong commercial mindset, with the ability to work with many stakeholders and take product form idea to reality
- Experience as a product manager or product owner, preferably at a commodity information, oil, or financial technology company
- Proven track record of creating product roadmaps and executing against these roadmaps incrementally and sustainably
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and have very strong presentation skills
- Experience influencing without authority and managing a diverse sets of stakeholders
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Experience developing software following Agile Scrum practices
- Strong, relevant, and current knowledge of crude oil and refined products, including markets, supply chain, and information products
- Knowledge of front office trading, trade support, and risk management roles, as well as understanding of typical workflows at global commodity trading organizations
- Experience working in relevant environments, such as commodity trading (front desk), market analysis (decision support), analytical tool development and management
- High technical literacy with real-time delivery platforms and toolsets
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260481 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom