- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Product Manager - Wealth Planning
Product Manager - Wealth PlanningOverview of role/ Principle Responsibilities
• To assist, report to and regularly update the Head of DFM & Wealth Planning Operations on all matters relating to DFM & Wealth Planning Operations.
• To assist with the management of all aspects of the DFM & Wealth Planning product shelf, from individual product selection to account relationships to legal, and assist to manage the internal associated working relationships across the various committees.
• To assist with the efficient and timely execution of all administrative and operational functions related to the DFM & Wealth Planning team.
• To provide the DFM & Wealth Planning team with a broad and relevant product shelf to enable them to provide solutions to clients who will have varying advisory needs.
• To regularly review the market and source new and interesting products and solutions.
• To continually ensure that robust production selection processes are in place and upgrade and improve them where necessary.
• To assist with the management of relationships with product providers used by the Wealth Planning team and those deemed significant to the wider business, and ensure that these are conducive to a good business relationship and that service standards are being met, whilst also being the main point of contact for wider product and provider issues for the firm.
• To regularly present new product ideas to the DFM & Wealth Planning team and take forward and explore the ideas of the team and translate these into product solutions.
• Maintain a good awareness of what solutions are available, even if it is decided that some may not be appropriate to the Cazenove Capital client base.
• Maintain a robust whole of market research process and make sure that this is suitably documented for each product area and individual provider.
• Undertake and manage the due diligence process for new and existing product providers to the panel, and those deemed significant to the wider business.
• Act responsibly and in line with the firms stated risk parameters at all times.
• Updating & maintaining contact list for all the providers used within the DFM & Wealth Planning team.
• Compilation of relevant management reports on a timely basis.
• Monitoring and reporting on activity analysis.
• Monitoring and reporting on safe custody.
• Monitoring and reporting on documents Archived.
Wealth Planning Operations
• Assist the Head of DFM & Wealth Planning Operations to:
• Implement the long-term operational strategies for the Wealth Planning team and ensure this is consistent with the Group strategy.
• Ensure that the operational strength, quality and capabilities of the Wealth Planning team are consistent with the stated strategy of the business they lead, and ultimately the Group.
• Ensure that the Wealth Planning team are operating effectively, including the identification, management and reporting of risks.
• Liaise with other individuals and departments, both internal and external, in order to maximise operational efficiencies across the business and ensure Wealth Planners are able to operate efficiently and autonomously.
• Develop and where necessary, challenge existing systems, technology and processes to ensure the business is operating at maximum efficiency.
• Manage all audit and review activity in relation to the Wealth Planning team, consulting and deferring to senior management as required.
• Relevant industry experience working with the relevant product providers.
• A good understanding of the structure and taxation of relevant products (including pensions (SIPP), offshore bonds, VCT / EIS, protection, trusts and ideally private investment structures)