An exciting opportunity has arisen within a market leading Alternative Data Solutions provider who are looking to build out a new product base within the firm with the acquisition of a new Product Owner Here you will focus on building out this firms data offering serving the alternative market. Here you will play a pivotal role in expanding this firm global footprint on the alternative market. This particular firm is looking for an individual with a start-up mentality with the ambition to operate throughout the ene to end development cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the vision and strategy for the product line
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists and specialists, and UX designers to define and execute on the product roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- Provide vision and direction to the agile multi-functional team and stakeholders throughout the project, and create requirements;
- Act as the voice of the clients and work closely with the sales and customer success teams to translate client feedback into business requirements and product features, while managing the team's capacity and maximizing customer and business value.
- Develop strong working relationships with other product owners and business stakeholders to manage cross-functional dependencies and synergies.
- Work closely with engineers in technical planning and throughout the implementation process.
- Lead the planning of product releases and set internal/external expectations for delivery of new capabilities; attend daily scrums with the engineering team to drive prioritization;
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of release/sprint goals;
- Develop strong working relationships with other product owners and business stakeholders to manage cross-functional dependencies and synergies;
- Provide frequent communication to the product leadership on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision;
- Follow our competitors and the industry, keep abreast of agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Support the commercial delivery of the product working closely with market development to define go-to-market strategy
- Ultimately, you will enhance our user experience, delivering a compelling product that meets customer needs and stays ahead of the competition
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Solid end-to-end product development and execution experience as a product owner/product manager in the financial services, financial data and analytics, and/or B2B software space. Alternative assets and private capital industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of the financial lifecycle of private companies.
- Strong vision and drive to spearhead the development of our new customer offerings.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Excellent team player with the desire and ability to think independently and with a confidence to challenge the views of others, including senior management.
- Natural communicator able to influence both technical and non-technical audiences, both in writing and verbally, and to build relationships.