See job description for details
The Requirements Join us in London as an APtimise Product Manager
What you'll do
- You'll join APtimise and work in a unique area for the bank as user led insights are used to develop intuitive products
- We currently have 70 customers in the pilot phase and aim to increase the customer base to 1000 by the end of the year
- You'll work on this really interesting proposition, designing and developing new functionalities from user interviews, wireframing, testing, to Agile delivery
In this role, you'll manage vendor relationships to define functionality and confirm the priority of the backlog. Your role will encompass creating low fidelity wireframes and prototypes, ensuring scalability of the product and go to market strategy, and also spending time with customers to understand their needs to shape the overall APtimise proposition.
The skills you'll need
- Contribute to the design and execution of the product roadmap and vision
- Lead user interviews and identify pain points
- Produce low fidelity wireframes and UX designs in figma, sketch or similar
- Conduct user testing with prototypes and iterate quickly
- Write user stories and detailed scoping documents for new functionality
- Define UAT criteria
- Support the test team with testing
- Manage sprints and Agile ceremonies
- Manage user innovation and feedback loop
- Utilise user insights to further develop the product
- Understand and challenge tech architecture and proposed functionality by the external partner
- Understand customer needs and business needs to define and prioritise the functionality build
- Ensure effective delivery of the APtimise platform functionality
- Effectively manage internal teams such as sales and external partners to ensure they deliver on time and within budget
To succeed in this role, you'll have a strong product management background, ideally with experience in building a technology or product platform in a finance or payments environment. You'll be interested to develop your knowledge and skills in UX development.
We'll also look to you to bring:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working in a fast paced technology start-up environment
- Knowledge of JIRA and Figma
- Strong analytical skills, able to establish customer pain points and define journeys accordingly
- Experience of agile project management
- The ability to grasp complex problems and solutions quickly
- Familiarity of APIs entire journey
- The drive to obtain results without clear direction
- Excellent organisation skills and astute attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.