Product Management Lead - Payments
R3 is revolutionizing the way business transactions happen with our distributed ledger technology, Corda. DLT, aka 'blockchain', allows for not only dramatic efficiencies in the way business transactions occur but enables new things that haven't even been dreamed up yet. We are creating a new future for global commerce.
We are seeking a Product Management Lead (PM Lead) to help us drive this revolution. As an experienced manager, with a strong product management background, you will bring your experience to help lead the Product Management team to deliver a world-class blockchain solution with great market fit. This leadership position is focused on leading a team to build a compelling software offering focused on enabling B2B payments.
R3 is a market lead organization, and our development process focuses on solutions to customer challenges. In the new and emerging blockchain category there is a need to coordinate many entities toward a common solution. This unique characteristic requires specialized Product Management leadership that is able to understand market dynamics and how to create market fit solutions that motivate the ecosystem along with our customers.
The PM Lead role lives in the Product Management organization. Product Management is responsible for building business and pricing models, identifying moves to grow the business in current and adjacent markets, defining compelling features and representing our products to customers and the market. The ultimate measure of our success is the success of our products in the market.
The PM Lead role is at the intersection of business, technology and the market putting you in the center of the blockchain industry. The PM Lead role is responsible for development of a specific domain where Corda will be applied to uniquely solve a domain problem. You will own the go-to-market plan, coordinating the activities to land that plan, leading our partner, sales and marketing teams.
You, and your team, will define the solution and be responsible for its on-time delivery in partnership with our engineering team. You will build a long-term roadmap defining how Corda will be placed as a leading solution in the payments space.
This position requires experience in leading teams, defining products and the payments industry.
Team leadership. As a manager, you will lead the Product Managers to execute a consistent process. You will help develop your product team to world-class PMs who can deliver amazing products in a predictable timeline. You will coach the team to ensure they are engaged and deliver exceptional results.
Defining products. As a leader in the Product team you will own one of our significant products. You will contribute regularly to our strategic objective and priorities with ownership of the market fit for the product, ensuring it is competitively positioned in key areas such as pricing and positioning. You will own the roadmap for the product ensuring it meets the needs of existing customers as well as developing the total addressable market. You will lead the organization toward the product vision building consensus on our delivery and the strategy it drives.
Payments experience. R3 believes Corda has the potential to revolutionize the payments business process across industries. You should bring experience in the payments industry understanding not only the technology but the underlying process. Your understanding of the market will help determine which companies R3 should partner with to drive adoption.
Our engineering team are critical partners in our delivery of world class software. You will work closely with them successfully deliver a high-quality product on time. You will be adept at communicating with highly-technical engineering teams. You will have a strong track record of driving market requirements into the engineering process through influence and persuasion.
Being results oriented you will shape, measure and improve against the KPIs that will lead to the greatest adoption of our solutions. You will design experiments and feedback loops for continual improvement.
We are a start-up with big ambitions and possibilities in the heart of a technology revolution. To succeed here you'll need to be resilient to continual change, open to ambiguity and taking full ownership of from concept-to-production of some big ideas. Making this type of impact requires self-starters with an intellectual curiosity and drive to win. We need people who will think ahead of the curve not just do the job. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun. If you are willing to put in the hard yards you can be a part of something much bigger than a job. Responsibilities
- Team Management. As a team lead within the Product Management team you will manage the careers and productivity of the product managers within your team.
- GTM owner. As our resident expert in the payments space you will own our partner strategy along with the positioning of the product offering. You will partner with sales, marketing and our partner team to drive this.
- Product owner. You will ensure your product is delivered on time and meets the needs of our stakeholders. You will create a long-term roadmap to showcase our leadership and get consensus on the product direction.
- Stakeholder ownership. Own the relationships for your product with our various field facing teams including any commitments to features that must be delivered against.
- Delivery. Work with the Program Management team to establish a detailed delivery schedule and take accountability for on-time delivery.
- Communications. Manage the outbound product communications including the roadmap as well as specific commitments on features to stakeholders. Regularly blog on relevant topic areas.
- Education. Working with our customer facing teams and education lead, you will ensure our internal and external are educated the functionality, roadmap and broad capabilities.
- Analytics. Establish, track and continually adjust the products and network services based on a designed feedback loop and experiments. Establish and drive KPIs related to the product.
- Innovate. Capture and generate ideas that may exist outside the immediate view of the stakeholders to drive the broad, revolutionary capabilities of DLT to innovate on behalf of our stakeholders.
- Payments industry experience
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in enterprise or related software
- Management experience leading product management teams
- Must understand the sales and marketing process for enterprise solutions
- Technical abilities with either BA/BS in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience driving complex technology projects
- Experience with software engineering practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders. Customers First
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them. Collaborative
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries. Bold
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become. Ownership
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.