Product Fee Analyst
- Competitive base plus bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 19
An exciting opportunity to join a leading investment manager in their expanding London office. This newly created role sits within a small team, managing the investment management fee policy across geographic regions and lines of business, playing a key part as subject matter expert on all fee related matters. You will partner with clients and also the CEO so your contribution will be very visable.
Our client is a highly regarded global asset manager, managing hundreds of billions of institutional and intermediary money and operating a range of equity and fixed income funds with a long term investment horizon. The business has an exceptional collaborative working environment where everyone pulls in the same direction and works across divisions for a common goal.
The main responsibilty of the position will be to:
- Educate the internal sales team and prospective and existing clients on management fee arrangements
- Create material to illustrate investment management fee structures and options for the sales team, as well as prospective and existing clients
- Provide global management fee guidance and recommendations to internal (Investment Group, Marketing and Legal) and external clients.
- Create financial models to assess and communicate the impact of proposed fee policy changes to the above parties.
- Perform competitive research in order to benchmark current fee structures to the wider market and identify trends on a regional or global scale in order to validate or propose changes as necessary..
- Develop new fee structures as new investment products are launched.
- Work with the Investment Group and sales teams to understand how new products align with existing offerings.
- Monitor the current fee structures for existing investment offerings and recommend options when pricing change is needed.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data and information.
- Enjoys using numbers to solve problems.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage workload between urgent client requests and ongoing team projects.
- Knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area.
- The ability to identify, assess, respond to and escalate risks encountered through day-to-day activities.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in tools such as Microsoft Excel with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Willingness to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
In terms of background, we believe applicants from a fund accounting, or similar, background, would work well for this role and somewhere around 3-5 years' work experience. We would ask that applicants have worked in investment management and have a strong understanding of fee structuring for long only managers.
Please get in touch for further details.