Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Product Executive to join the Pan-European Equities Product team, based in London, to support the team's investment directors and the wider investment team with a focus on Schroders' Maximiser range and Schroders' Value equity products. The role will be full time and based in London.
We're a global investment manager, responsible for £700.4 billion of assets for our clients, who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We actively and responsibly manage investments for a wide range of institutions and individuals, to help them meet their financial goals as they change over time. The world is forever changing but throughout our long history we have continued to adapt our business, keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients, today and in the future.
We moved into our new headquarters at London Wall Place, in the City of London, in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre, while having everything in place to work flexibly.
The product teams supporting the wider investment teams act as a conduit between investment and distribution functions with respect to promoting and managing the product range, with the aim of maintaining high standards of investment performance and client servicing.
One of the fund ranges that is supported by the product team, and will be a focus of this role, is the Schroder "Maximiser" range, where Schroders' Structured Fund Management team (SFM) apply a yield enhancement strategy on a suite of outcome-oriented income products. The funds are run on a predominantly co-managed basis, combining the expertise of the SFM team with that of Schroders' equity, fixed income and multi-asset businesses. The SFM team apply an actively-managed covered call option overlay strategy to the underlying equity portfolios to generate an enhanced income stream for investors. The underlying equity portfolios are a mix of actively managed and index-replication-style funds.
A number of the underlying funds in the Maximiser range are managed by Schroders' Value Investment Team, who work on the equities desk and, as the name suggests, implement a value investment strategy, buying stocks which trade at a significant discount to their intrinsic value. This approach requires a contrarian mindset and a long-term investment horizon. Supporting this investment desk, from a product perspective, will be another key focus of this product executive role.
What you'll do
The role will involve acting as a link between the investment and distribution functions with respect to promoting and managing the products. The role involves assisting the investment directors in conducting product analysis and producing client-facing materials to support the investment team and distribution teams in their communications with both existing and prospective clients. The role will have a product focus on both Schroders' Maximiser and Schroders' Value equity fund ranges.
You will have to be self-motivated, detail-orientated and should have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance, monitoring and development of core analytical datasheets, which provide the analysis required to explain the Maximiser strategy to clients, demonstrating the enhanced income generation characteristics and illustrating how the overlay strategy influences the behaviour of the funds overall.
• Assistance with preparation of client presentations/new business pitches, client reporting, marketing material as required by liaising with investment Directors, the investment teams and other internal teams for both Maximiser and Value strategies. This will include managing the compliance and distribution processes alongside the relevant internal teams.
• Working closely with the investment directors and the business development teams to complete and maintain high-quality, client-focused RFPs, RFIs and DDQs.
• Involvement with strategic projects and initiatives, such as new product launches and the evolving ESG product landscape.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Previous experience and a strong interest in financial markets, and the asset management industry
• Excellent written communication skills and strong quantitative skills
• Ability to synthesise information, creating economies of scales across products where appropriate
• Good IT skills essential, proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Excel & Powerpoint)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Minimum of degree level qualification
• IMC/CFA (or equivalent) desirable but not required
• Familiarity with Aladdin, Eikon, Morningstar/eVestment, Seismic, Qvidian and Tableau would be useful
What you'll be like
• Highly organised with the ability to manage tight deadlines in multiple priority environments
• Thorough, accurate and possess excellent attention to detail
• Keen to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work on your own initiative with limited direction
• Inquisitive and interested in equity products and datasets
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.