Who we're looking for
The successful candidate will join the Alternatives Product team to support the growth and development of Schroders' range of alternative funds. This includes working on exciting new fund initiatives, liaising with internal and external investment managers, as well as helping to support distribution teams with information requests on existing alternatives funds.
The role is based in London. The role may be performed remotely in line with the government's advice on Covid-19 and Schroders' guidance from time to time.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The team is responsible for developing the range of alternatives funds within Schroders. This includes helping to support and grow the Schroder GAIA platforms, which contain a mixture of internally and externally managed alternative funds. The team provides a bridge between the external investment managers and the following areas within Schroders; distribution (the client-facing part of the business), the management company, marketing and product development teams. The team is involved in a wide range of activities that span business development, sales and marketing, client reporting and servicing, and being the experts to whom the rest of Schroders will revert for enquiries on the products and services of Schroder GAIA. The team is also responsible for helping other product desks, within Schroders, to develop alternative strategies.
What you'll do
• Prepare sales and marketing material for alternatives funds
• Maintain product related data and client reporting materials
• Provide accurate and timely responses to queries from internal and external clients
• Participate in client diligence meetings, including the completion of RFPs
• Produce materials for various committees as part of the product development process and prepare reports for the Schroder GAIA board meetings
• Prepare agendas, materials and take minutes for the GAIA Investment Committee and Alternatives Champions meetings
• Support the research and development of new alternatives funds.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Degree or equivalent level
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills, and the ability to liaise with a variety of staff
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
• Strong attention to detail and research skills
• Proactive and responsible
• Skilled at using MS Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge/experience of the investment industry
• Basic understanding of alternative and hedge fund strategies
• Experience of using Bloomberg/Reuters, Morningstar and Lipper
What you'll be like
• Proactive and have a flexible approach to working
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationship skills
• Communication skills
• Ethics, professionalism and judgment; and
• Managing yourself and your workload.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.