Product Development Manager
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to join the Private Assets team, we are looking for someone to take responsibility for co-ordinating the development of new private assets products and on-going range management. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
Private Assets Product Development is a core function of Schroders' Private Assets Structuring team and is responsible for co-ordinating the development of new private assets products and on-going range management:
• Development - taking ownership for the co-ordination of the development cycle from initial concept, through detailed design, build and launch.
• Management - ongoing product range management to ensure existing products are fit for purpose. To the extent that issues are identified, it formulates action plans to ensure appropriate action is taken.
The product development process aims to ensure the fair treatment of customers in the design of products and services. What you'll do
• Project manage the launch of new products.
• Manage governance processes around significant product lifecycle events, such as changes to product commercial terms, fund suspensions and liquidations.
• Work closely with legal and tax structuring colleagues, investment teams, sales & marketing, operations, compliance, risk and finance teams to ensure adequate support for the product launches and changes.
• Maintain awareness of competitor, regulatory and market developments.
• Actively contribute and lead on ad hoc work and strategic projects as they arise. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proactive and adaptable approach. Positive attitude and ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the business. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Typical educational requirement: Graduate and/or CFA or equivalent What you'll be like
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as the role involves working closely with the legal, operations, sales, marketing, investment, and compliance teams
• Attention to detail and accuracy, strong organisational, numerical and analytical skills
• Project management skills and the ability to lead a group of individuals through the product launch process is essential.
• Good technical knowledge from both an investment and regulatory perspective. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.