Product Development Executive - 12 month FTC
Who we're looking for
The successful candidate will join the Schroders Product Development team.
The role is based in London.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Product Development Team is responsible for co-ordinating the development of new products and on-going range management for our Luxembourg and UK fund ranges:
• Development - taking ownership of the development cycle from initial concept, through detailed design, build and launch.
• Management - ongoing product range management to ensure existing products are fit for purpose. To the extent that issues are identified, it formulates action plans to ensure appropriate action is taken.
What you'll do
• Actively contribute and lead on ad hoc work and strategic projects as they arise.
• Assist with the development of new products launches with an emphasis on UK/Lux funds.
• Manage the on-going fund ranges. Main activities will include prospectus updates, fund mergers, changes and liquidations.
• Work with investment teams, sales & marketing, operations, compliance, risk, legal and finance teams to ensure adequate support for the product launches and changes.
• Maintain awareness of competitor, regulatory and market developments.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Positive attitude. Proactive and adaptable approach.
• Product Development experience (fund launches, mergers, reconstructions and liquidations) within an asset management company would be useful but is not essential.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills, and the ability to liaise and build strong working relationships with colleagues across the business.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as the role involves working closely with the legal, operations, sales, marketing, investment, and compliance teams
• Strong organisational, numerical, prioritisation and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and research skills.
• Skilled at using MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
Typical educational requirement: Graduate
We are looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.