Product Development Associate / Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Business Unit Overview: At BlackRock the responsibility for product development (ex iShares) and range management activities for EMEA pooled funds sits with the EMEA Strategic Product Management (SPM) team. SPM also houses a Product Strategy function, Product Structuring function and Product Oversight function.
Business Unit Overview:
At BlackRock the responsibility for product development (ex iShares) and range management activities for EMEA pooled funds sits with the EMEA Strategic Product Management (SPM) team. SPM also houses a Product Strategy function, Product Structuring function and Product Oversight function. The four SPM functions work closely together to enable BlackRock to achieve its growth objectives by driving a clear product strategy to meet current and future needs of clients. SPM bring subject matter expertise and a strategic and disciplined focus to BlackRock’s product range, partnering with the firm’s client and investment teams to ensure alignment behind clear product priorities.
The Product development team’s objectives are to:
Manage an independent, transparent and disciplined product approval process;
- Use our product expertise and market and regulatory knowledge to enable client wins and advise on opportunities for expansion from an asset class or distribution perspective
- Consider product design from a client, regulatory, structuring and operational perspective to deliver competitive solutions and scalable products
SPM is under new leadership and, with a mandate from regional and global leadership to own and drive the delivery of the product agenda for BlackRock, this is an exciting time to join group and be influential in its success. Due to a full pipeline of exciting new products and product changes in the pipeline for 2018 and beyond, and to replace a recently vacated position, there is now a requirement to recruit a Product Developer into SPM.
This is a high-profile role that is business critical given the importance of supporting the firm’s growth objectives for the future.
- Design and development of proposals – including conducting market research in order to establish a fund’s viability in the market, customer appropriateness, competitor landscape and pricing
- Lead projects to deliver fund launches, repositionings and other changes – across a wide range of client businesses and asset classes
- Partner with stakeholders in BLK’s client facing teams, investment teams, research & strategy and operating teams to implement the product development agenda
- Co-ordinate and support new product structures & solutions and changes to existing structures
- Previous relevant experience in the investment funds industry/business.
- Experience in Project Management/Product Development (i.e. the design, coordination and launch of products) preferred.
- Good knowledge of investment and/or distribution of a broad range of investment strategies and products.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director and Regional Leadership team level
- Proactive approach to lead and direct change
- Strong, proven, project management skills
- Key personal attributes will also include a high level of intellectual agility and creativity, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, the ability to manage business expectations and the desire to continuously learn