Product Designer (Internal Apps)
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
You will lead design efforts as part of our Internal Apps team. Our team focuses on building tools, resources and services to enable us to assist customers no matter what they need. You have the potential to proactively improve the experience for our customers when they feel the need to contact us directly resulting in measurable positive impact for the business. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Working alongside your team's product owner and engineers, being accountable for the design direction and outcomes that improves:
- The ability for our customer service teams to be proactive in solving customer queries.
- The level of satisfaction customers have when communicating with us.
- Our overall brand perception for existing and new customers.
- You will provide design leadership to various parts of our business, demonstrating the effectiveness of a design thinking approach to the mission of the team.
- You know when research will help provide insights to the problems we are trying to understand and the solutions we hope to deliver, speaking to customers and our support team often to gain those insights.
- Building things for the long term in a way that benefits the customer in as many ways as possible.
- You have worked on a couple of products up to this point, and you've mostly worked 'in house' at product focused companies ideally in a multi-disciplined product or feature team. It's not that we don't want to hear from you if you've mostly been living the agency life but tell us why you're looking for a change.
- You recognise the importance that design plays to help influence positive behaviours for customers, with your experience in design thinking to help create engaging and impactful solutions.
- You have a great portfolio that demonstrates your experience with the product design process, your ability to design effective solutions for users and ideally experience with service design that suits this team you will help lead.
- You're someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company and use that in helping solve the problems you work on.
- You know when and why to use different design approaches such story mapping, journey mapping, prototyping, low or high-fidelity prototypes with examples you can share in a conversation with us during the interview process.
- You are friendly, humble and focused on the team, and love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers and being supported by other experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.