- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 20 Apr 19
Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional banks are slow with rigid terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use technology to offer flexible access to credit with five minute online applications and near-instant decisions.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to almost 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers and salons to solicitors. Along the way we've built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a smart, vibrant, fun team of almost 200 people.
However, we're still small - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal. Get in touch if you think you might be the right person for our team.
We're looking for a passionate problem-solver, experienced Product Designer to help us cater and usher finance for businesses. You'll be joining a rapidly growing product team which currently includes three designers.
Project you could work on
• iwoca's website is our store front and our way to explain what we do to businesses.
• iwoca's partnerships and how we interface with variety of third parties such as Tide
• New and exciting products we will offer in the world of business financing
• Our internal credit assessment and measurement dashboards
You should have:
- A great understanding of what good design is and an articulated way of explaining it.
- A user driven attitude and the ability to be analytical and empathetic while researching for problems, needs and solutions.
- Experience with working in cross functional teams with Developer, Product managers.
- The ability to break down and communicate complex systems to users.
- The skill to go from a sketch to a living high fidelity prototypes in motion or code.
- A deep interest in technology. Curiosity and the ability to discover and analyse new products.
- A wonderful portfolio filled with thoughtful and beautiful UX and Interaction Design case studies.
- Willingness to learn about the finance and the business and incorporate it to your decisions.
- A growth mindset. We want people who are hands on and are happy to dive in and learn new skills, rather than just relying on previous experience
The following would be a bonus but are by no means essential:
- Knowledge of Polish or German
What we offer
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference for small businesses. We'll also encourage you to build your own skills, whether it's attending workshops or getting involved in new areas of the business.
All iwoca employees get a long list of benefits:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London
- Pool, ping pong and foosball tables and morning yoga
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays and a day off for your birthday
- The chance to work from our awesome winter and summer houses