Working as part of the P&L team and reporting directly to Assistant Director level, the individual will be accountable for a given set of trading books and tasked with producing a fully signed off (by Trading Desk) set of ledger reconciled P&L’s.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Reporting daily P&L and providing commentary where appropriate. This includes investigating and commenting Flash vs Actual P&L variances and explaining significant drivers of the P&L.
• Reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet to the general ledger, co-ordinating with Front office, operations and IT to resolve any breaks
• Providing Monthly and quarterly commentary on as part of the monthly reporting cycle
• Collation and distribution of consolidated revenues for VTB Capital plc and all legal entities under VTB Group on a daily basis
Key Competencies & Qualifications
• Strong academic background with a University degree (minimum 2:1)
• Approx 5 years banking experience in Product Control. The successful candidate should already bring strong product knowledge in one or more asset classes. They should have spent time in analysing and understanding the concepts of the “greeks” and to have used this in subsequent P&L attribution processes.
• Familiarity with reconciliation of the P&L/Balance Sheet to general ledger level is required.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate and articulate complex ideas
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Qualified accountant: ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent.