Product Controller - Business Control, ENO
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities. We are a global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and meaningful financial information provided to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and highlight in a timely manner to senior management.
This is an ENO role in the Product Control department encompassing the FX, rates, commodities and credit linked structured note desks within the Fixed Income Investor Product Division. The main responsibilities are advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements. As such, this role owns the face-off to the Front Office trading management, and other support departments such as Market Risk Management (MRM), Accounting Policy Group (APAG), Financial Accounting (FA), Middle Office and Operations. Team members generally have extensive product control experience and deep product knowledge that allows them to make decisions that requires a high level of judgment and also perform more demanding analytical reviews. The team provides qualitative, analytical, value service to the business and are accountable for the financial results. In addition to being an integral control function, business finance controllers are commercial in their approach when collaborating with their business partners every day.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. The role will assist in the following responsibilities:
- Provide daily commentary for trade groups including commentary for variances from estimate
- Support new business initiatives
- Find opportunities to develop & streamline analytical activities and to improve controls
- Participate in all strategic change initiatives initiated by the FO
- Set Business Requirements and perform Systems/UAT testing
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Some product control experience would be desirable, however accounting/ audit experience plus Financial Services experience will also be considered.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- Part qualified or fully qualified accountant is essential.
- Basic financial product knowledge is desirable.
- Highly-numerate, have attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and have a keen interest in complex products.
- Be proactive and have a highly-methodical approach to manage the large number of tasks that are expected to be completed on a daily/monthly basis and responding to ad-hoc queries.
- Results-oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success