- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
A leading International Investment Bank in London are looking to recruit a Product Controller. to join their Finance team to assist with a number of BAU responsibilities, ad-hoc projects and increased workload.
* Professional Accounting Qualification expected.
* Strong software skills, (Excel - regular and 'high-end' use of VBA and macros as well as multiple graphical formats).
- Daily P+L: Acts largely in a quality control (QC) capacity to co-ordinate the production of a DFR-sourced, consolidated daily P+L report covering activity in Europe. The report is multi-faceted and is very high profile, providing variances against plan and prior periods as well as high level commentary, where materiality thresholds have been breached. It also includes multiple, graphical representations as standard and summary and detailed analysis of origination revenue versus secondary trading.
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly Commentary and Decomp : Manages the consolidation of a) more detailed revenue commentaries, produced by relevant PC areas.
- MIS P+L and B/S: Apart from revenue and expense trends, MIS schedules also extend to cover loan portfolio analysis across industry sector, credit rating and maturity tenor with associated credit spread, focus on new loans and roll-offs, detailed analysis of origination income by counterparty as well as bespoke trend and volume analysis for selected high value, trading activities.
- Mini / midi initiatives: Largely through the use of Excel VBA and macros and judicious use of graphical representation, developing process efficiency enhancements, improvements to the control environment and generating relevant and useful MIS information for inclusion within the monthly pack mentioned above.
- Delivery Control: Monitor individual PC deliveries against internal targets and coerce better adherence across the dept. if required. The importance of the output requires meticulous review and robust controls and a sense of pride in the quality of output. Monthly restates require exact alignment with official financials to maintain ultimate report integrity.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.