Product Control, Executive/Manager
Showcase your experience and join our global product control team supporting the Commodities and Global Markets Group in our dynamic London office.
In this role, you will be partnering with traders regarding risk, trading strategies and valuation impacts on P&L and balance sheet including participating in front office projects. You will also be involved in the analysis of P&L attribution; new business support an oversight, including new deal write-ups and structured trade reviews; risk identification, control oversight and financial analytics; and recognition of trends, and early issue identification due to deep understanding of cumulative P&L, valuation & accounting methodologies for the books.
You will also be expected to:
- understand trade capture and risk management systems to assess downstream implications to P&L and balance sheet
- maintain strong internal relationships with the front office, risk, operations, and other Financial Management Group teams
- proactively seek client feedback to further improve service level standards.
- regular interaction with the off-shore team based in India, who produce the daily P&Ls and key reconciliations
- key responsibility to link the daily P&L and financial controls to the risk/valuation oversight of traders
- participation in Operational Excellence - with emphasis on ongoing process and system improvements.
Ideally, you will have:
- 2+ year's relevant experience
- strong background in financial products and trading businesses. Experience with commodities products, P&L attribution, "the greeks", technical commentaries beneficial
- experience with understanding lifecycle of trade, and impact to business balance sheet
- strong client service skills, and control/risk awareness
- strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- continuous focus on qualitative improvements to teamwork, to ensure the highest quality work is delivered
- comfortable tackling new concepts and ideas associated with on-going change in the business.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.