This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading brokerage as part of their Product Control and FP&A team. The role is a newly-created opening following from a successful acquisition the business undertook.
This London based Product Control Analyst is with a leading Financial Services organisation.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate for this London based Product Control Analyst role will include:
- Ownership of P&L, related controls, month end close processes for brokerage business. This includes controls around cost of trades, desk bonuses and analysis of expenses.
- Assist wider product control team with daily P&L production the responsibility for which rotates among the team members.
- Preparation of bonus calculations for brokers, getting agreement with the desks and senior management and submission to HR by due dates
- Responsible for front to back view of controls and completion of month-end balance sheet substantiation and explaining movements
- Production periodic MI and commentaries for senior management
- Drive improvements agenda to the control infrastructure and Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining of existing systems or assisting in the implementation of new systems.
- Onboard new desks and facilitate desk changes from product control perspective
- Liaise with desks heads, risk, middle office and back office to resolve trade exceptions and business reporting
- Understand the brokerage business's entity structure and resulting transfer pricing (TP) arrangement and be able to explain pre and post TP entity level results
The successful candidate for this London based Product Control Analyst position will have the following exposure:
- Professional accounting qualification (preferrably ACA)
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to challenge status quo, think outside the box and continuously improve/automate processes
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate P&L and balance sheet movements/drivers to senior management and ability to deal with the front office
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Intermediate Excel skills as a minimum
Attractive salary and benefits package as well as an excellent team.