Product Control Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Product Control Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19001969
Responsible for oversight of EMEA G10 Rates PandL and Balance Sheet reporting. Involves managing a team responsible for complex PandL, driving improvements to the control infrastructure, meeting external reporting requirements specific to the business, as well as providing add-value and forward thinking PandL and balance sheet analysis.
Candidates will work closely with all other areas within the Product Control department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management and other areas within Finance.
Citi's G10 Rates trading desk is global, with the largest regional franchise based in London. The business operates as a leading market-maker in both cash and derivative G10 interest-rate products. The desk offers client solutions using the full suite of interest-rate-based products including IRS, Repos, IRO, IR exotics, Note issuances and inflation.
Product Control is primarily responsible for producing the daily revenue and balance sheet reporting for the desk, as well as numerous regular financial reports and analysis.
• Manage G10 Rates PandL and balance sheet control framework. Will include on-going communication with the Heads of the EMEA G10 Rates and Finance Desk Trading Desk, explanation of PandL movements to management, profit attribution analysis, responsibility of position reconciliation's, balance sheet analysis and control.
• Reviewing complex new trades, understanding associated risks and the PandL generated on them.
• Drive improvements to the control infrastructure.
• Participation in and supervision of desk level activities, including preparing the daily product specific business level revenues and commentary.
• Understand the Valuation Control process and its impact on the PandL.
• Understand the Fair Value Adjustment (FVA) process and its impact on the PandL.
• Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining (or retirement) of existing systems or assisting in the implement in the introduction of new systems.
The successful candidate will have a blend of both leadership and decision making skills, complimented with excellent technical skills and a strong control mindset.
• Experience in a supervisory/management role, within derivatives Product Control capacity, or in a relevant role that is product and accounting focussed e.g. Risk Management, Price Verification, derivatives Audit.
• Evidence of strong control focus.
• Ability to interpret financial information.
• Ability to negotiate and strong people skills.
• Ability to put knowledge of financial principle into PandL and Profit Attribution analysis.
• Able to perform effectively within a time pressurised environment.
Strong PC skills in Excel, Word, and Access. Training will be provided on other proprietary systems used within this position..
• Minimum of 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent
• At least 24 points at A-Level - Ideally A's in numeric subject (Maths/ Further Maths)
• Qualified Accountant (not essential) - If Qualified, 1st time passes required
Candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and decision making skills.
Self starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and from a strategic long term perspective, and implement these initiatives to completion.
A high calibre individual with strong communication skills, both written and oral. Attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills in being able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer