Procurement Manager (Investment Banking Products)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 20 Apr 19
This is a VP level role within Procurement where the role holder will assist the VP, Head of IB Procurement in delivering Investment Banking services with strategic suppliers generating trillions in income pa for the Bank. The role holder will ensure the relationship between Procurement and Business stakeholder community is effectively managed and fully optimised. Engaging Director and Managing Director stakeholders on a daily basis so must have exceptional knowledge of procurement.
Overall purpose of role
This is a VP level role within Procurement where the role holder will assist the VP, Head of IB Procurement in delivering Investment Banking services with strategic suppliers generating trillions in income pa for the Bank. The role holder will ensure the relationship between Procurement and Business stakeholder community is effectively managed and fully optimised. Engaging Director and Managing Director stakeholders on a daily basis so must have exceptional knowledge of procurement services and confidence in communications.
The role holder will be accountable for significant aspects of the Procurement agenda within the Business for c. £1.9bn annual spend, and shall be responsible for ensuring delivery of services across all the Procurement pillars. The role holder shall also be accountable for significant, cross BU/Function, global initiatives as they relate to 3rd party spend. This role will interact with the local and regional leadership teams, and will be required to represent the Procurement function.
The role holder shall be accountable for:
Ensuring Procurement strategies for the Business are aligned with wider PROCUREMENT strategies. Act as key interface to both local stakeholder community and the Category Procurement Teams, while defining the appropriate approaches applicable to the region.
- Inputting into/obtaining relevant commercial information from the strategic planning process and Change/SI Portfolio to feed into Category Plans/Procurement agenda
- Leveraging relationships in their BU/Function to help get input and buy in to Category Plans and initiatives
- Developing global strategies for the Trade Cycle category which covers critical Investment Banking suppliers and services. Manage a billion-pound pipeline of annual supplier projects.
- Executing on and delivering new innovative commercial arrangements within the Investment Bank to generate new income lines from strategic suppliers.
- Owning the TC32 interlock and supporting with TC2 and TC11 owned by the Investment Bank
- Supporting the Category Teams with the development of a project pipeline for their BU/Function
- Identifying the target dependant deals within each Category and, with the assistance of the Head of Spend & Performance Management, closely monitoring and supporting the delivery of these deals
Technical Skills/Competencies (Essential)
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills to Senior Executive levels
- Exceptional communication, relationship building, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strategy development and implementation experience
- Multi-category procurement experience in order to add value across a range of stakeholders
- Must have proven experience / knowledge of managing Outsourced 3rd party relationships
- Knowledge / experience in executing agreements in local markets and where services sit under a GFA/MSA under foreign legal entities.
- Relevant supply market and business knowledge pertinent to 3rd party Outsourcing services (and related regulatory requirements in the space)
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to act as a trusted business advisor
- Ability to assist in the development of innovative Procurement strategies to maximise value-add for their BU/Function
- A sound understanding of the principles and application of supplier risk management
- Working knowledge of local country conditions / regulatory requirements pertaining to Managed 3rd party and Internal Services across Europe
- Sound knowledge of Bank financial approval processes including business case preparation, deal memos and presentation to the relevant governance board and management committees and all relevant intermediary steering groups
- Categorical Procurement Knowledge in Operations and Technology areas of spend
- Well developed financial/business planning and management skills, appropriate for understanding and managing high value and strategically important benefits
- Proven, strong and energetic leadership
- Strong performance management and coaching skills
- Sound knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of banking products and services
- Working knowledge and understanding of Barclays structure and processes
- Thorough knowledge of BU/Function and Group strategies and businesses, especially areas that directly interface with Procurement
- Advanced understanding of Group STP, MTP, RAF and SI processes