The Strategic Sourcing Team is a global function that is divided into specialized areas of focus to better serve our end use clients. The segments include Business Services Procurement, IT Procurement, Market Data Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Diversity.
Under general supervision, but working independently the majority of the time, the Procurement Consultant will be responsible for assisting and managing critical supply chain management and procurement projects. Additional responsibilities include:
The ideal post holder will demonstrate a fair amount of the following qualities:
- Providing sourcing process expertise and analytics to lead the collection and analysis of data which may lead pricing discussions & negotiations
- Providing input in developing category sourcing strategies as well as manages the overall supplier relationship(s)
- Providing consulting for improvements of global policies, programs and processes
- Carrying out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
About Northern Trust:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance or relevant field of study
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the supply chain management process
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing for indirect categories (e.g. IT).
- Good analytical, sourcing, negotiation and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites with advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience with ERP/ PeopleSoft
- Good time management skills
- Proven project management skills
- Good attention to detail thorough and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently
- Good working knowledge and experience in business analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deal with complex issues
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades