Procurement Assistant Working with M&G Prudential as a Procurement Assistant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Context for the role:
The Procurement & Supplier Management (P&SR) function reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The function selects and manages third party suppliers for Prudential UK & Europe, M&G and Enterprise IT. The aim of the function is to protect the business against commercial, operational and regulatory risk whilst delivering value for money for budget holders. The function will develop, agree and communicate the procurement strategy and will deliver procurement services to the organisation including running procurement projects, managing renewals, putting in place effective and appropriate contracts with appropriate suppliers and managing the purchase to payment (P2P) process for supplier invoices.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for supporting the Category Managers for the delivery of either the IT or Professional Services, HR and Marketing Category buying activity and Category Plan.
· Supporting the production of the category strategy for indirect spend through the provision of supplier and market analysis and insight to inform the category plan
· Delivering an excellent procurement service to internal customers and third party suppliers through the management of smaller procurement projects and supporting Category Managers in delivering larger procurement projects to support deliver of the category strategy, driving efficiencies and savings for the business and supporting delivery of business strategy and third party supply chain control
· Point of contact for internal customers and third party suppliers regarding procurement activity within the category
· Protecting the business through the reviewing, signature and deployment of fit for purpose supplier contracts
· Building strong working relationships with core centralized teams (such as IT Security, Legal and Financial Crime)
· Driving continuous improvement for the processes utilized within their team and across the Procurement function
· To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in Prudential UK's operational
· If you're responsible for any legal agreements with third parties then you must make sure these are managed according to the Managing Contractual Relationships Framework. You'll find your responsibilities as an expenditure authoriser set out in the financial procedures manual for your business (e.g. Prudential UK & Europe, PIA, PPMS)
· Make sure that all personal expenditure, and contractual and legal agreements are authorised, controlled and monitored according to our delegated authority requirements
· Understand our Code of Conduct and how it applies to your work. Comply with all relevant policies, including mandatory training
· Use your judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your business area
· Take all reasonable steps to make sure your business area fulfils its external regulatory, legal and industry obligations
· Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
· Working knowledge of operational, financial & regulatory risk assessment
· Working knowledge of contract law & drafting and evaluation
· Detailed knowledge of Q&A checking processes
· Working knowledge of supplier/market evaluation
· Working knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods
· Detailed knowledge of MS Office , particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint
· Some experience of commercial negotiation or commercial management
· Experience (up to 3 years) of working in a procurement/contracts environment preferably in procurement processes &/or SRM tools)
· Some experience of managing relationships with a range of stakeholders including external suppliers, lawyers, consultants etc.
· Experience of supplier/market evaluation
· Some experience of drafting contracts evaluation
· Experience of managing contract database
· Experience of conducting first line quality and assurance checks required in respect of contract management
· Experience of managing MI for departmental reporting
· Essential - commercial acumen
· Essential - collaborative approach to building relationships both with suppliers and internally with internal customers and support functions (such as Legal)
· Essential - attention to detail with a logical and methodical approach
· Essential - a team player
· Desirable - Graduate (any discipline)
· Desirable - working towards CIPS qualification People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 31/05/2019