Process & Controls Accountant
A Process & Controls Accountant is required for a leading (Re) Insurance company due to significant growth within the organisation. The role will report to the Head of Accounting & Reporting and will cover both the Insurance Company and the Syndicate business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing end to end process documentation covering key processes to support financial control.
- Working alongside underwriters/ operations/ project management team looking at new products and distribution channels are fully embedded within the finance processes in a controlled and scalable manner.
- To collaborate and build a relationship with the actuarial team to ensure consistency of data used across both teams.
- To establish working relationships with the wider finance team to implement and oversee balance sheet reconciliation dashboards and provide commentary to management on key risk areas.
- Supporting ad-hoc projects, providing support on specifying Finance requirements and supporting testing.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a nearly/newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA). The hiring manager will consider people from outside of insurance (ideally from a Financial Services background). They are looking for experience of maintaining a robust control environment, someone who can demonstrate ability to document processes and understand balance sheet reconciliations. Alternatively, candidates with Internal Audit experience will also be considered for the position.