- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Investec is an international, specialist banking group and asset manager that provides a diverse range of financial products and services to a niche client base. The group’s philosophy has been to build well-defined, value-added businesses focusing on serving the needs of select market niches where the group can compete effectively. The London listing benefits the group by increasing its global profile, enhancing its capital raising ability and improving access to international capital markets.
Originate new target market clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange.
Manage and develop existing relationships with the aim of building and maintaining the portfolio, whilst continually identifying further business opportunities aligned to the client’s needs.
Consistent and accurate capturing of client information at all touch points.
To deliver and exceed on the quantitative and qualitative performance and budget expectations of the role.
Delivery of a superior client service that ensures overall TCF(Treating Customers Fairly) principles and that the right client outcomes are achieved.
Identify new business opportunities and provide input into the overall development of the banking business within the Private Bank.
Identify referral opportunities and partner with other Private Bank and Investec Group specialisations in delivering solutions to our clients.
To ensure that expectations, rules and guidance of the FCA are met within the business.
Understanding, buy-in and practise of Investec’s culture and values.
Where undertaking lending activities:
To originate, assess risk and appropriately price lending opportunities
Preparation of credit applications, loan and mortgage agreements and fielding existing client queries
Acting as “first line of credit” to mitigate credit risk for the bank and to ensure we lend responsibly to our clients.
To provide bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs.
To ensure lending exposures are managed in accordance with Investec’s policy, procedures, credit and deal forum requirements.
Core skills and knowledge:
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Line Managers and other Supervisors)
- Experience originating clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange
- Experience providing bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs
- Client relationship management skills
- Understanding of all relevant internal processes, procedures, compliance and regulatory requirements e.g. AML, Conduct Risk etc.
- Specialist financial, market, competitor and banking knowledge
- Proven sales, networking, origination and business development skills and expertise
Relevant banking and financial markets qualifications and experience (CeMap (or equivalent is compulsory before undertaking regulated mortgage activities)