We are working with an impact fund to hire a Senior Fund Administrator to manage back office operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a boutique private equity business, which is dedicated to investing in growth companies and technologies that promise sustainable and conservative solutions for the natural world. The role will be integral to the efficient operating of all back office functions and will work in collaboration with the CFO.
You’ll need to be motivated to engender a strong culture of investing for impact; aligning with the company purpose of addressing climate change goals, with a focus on food security and marine ecosystems.
The role will incorporate leadership, strategy and governance elements, ideally seeking an individual from a Private Equity, Venture Capital, Credit or Infrastructure background. An understanding of private valuation and reporting is key to this role.
- To drive continuous process improvements and automation to improve operational efficiency and optimise the cost/income ratio
- Responsibility for monitoring cash balances for assigned funds to ensure that optimal level of cash is held in the fund. Initiating investor transactions when appropriate to call or distribute from funds.
- Reconciliation of in-house records to external administrator’s records - this will include checks on book cost, income, investment gains/losses, cash balances, holdings, FX gains/losses and other relevant records as appropriate.
- Demonstrable experience of alternative asset funds and institutional clients and their management processes.
- Communication – strong ability to present information.
- Coordinate the accounts production process for assigned funds; including planning, liaison and ultimate agreement with auditors.
- Preparation and review of relevant sections of quarterly client reporting
- Management of project initiative
- Be confident to work with key internal stakeholders including direct exposure to other business lines e.g. Portfolio Managers, Sales, Legal, Compliance, Corporate functions across the organisation, both in Europe and US, as well as supporting effective external working relationships through timely communications with a range of related third parties
- Demonstratable financial & commercial acumen
- Intellectually curious and interested in sustainable investing for the future.