Our client is one of the most respected names in Private Equity, with an impressive history and strong track record of delivering excellent returns to its investors. An exciting opportunity and newly-created role has arisen within their London Finance team due to the upcoming launch of a new fund. Previous PE or investment management experience is not required as our client would be happy to provide full training and development in this role. Candidates must be 1-3 years post-qualified and bring a strong foundation of corporate accounting skills or possess fund accounting experience (PE or real estate).
Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with 1-3 years PQE and experience, either as a corporate accountant or as a fund accountant (not essential as this can be taught/learned)
Ideally someone coming from financial services (note: the hiring manager is open to background and experience as he is placing importance on good foundational accounting skills and the right personality.
Positive and team-oriented personality who is able to fit into a professional and supportive environment
Good communication skills with the ability and willingness to learn new tasks and take on new responsibilities
- A candidate with a good understanding of accounting, so good technical skills and the ability to interpret information from financial statements, while also understanding (and applying) proper accounting policies and procedures
Responsibilities would include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of fund financial statements, supplemental reports and investor statements;
- Responding to investor queries and audit confirmation requests;
- Cash management including payments made to/from the funds and monitoring cash flow in relation to both investment acquisitions and realisations;
- Assisting with the half-year and annual audit processes of the funds;
- Assisting with the submission of information to our UK, US and German tax advisors in relation to the annual fund tax reporting requirements,
- Assisting with fund administration and operations, and generally assisting with all ancillary matters concerning the funds.
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder is required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.