We have an exciting new opportunity within our UK Private Equity Fund Accounting team. Within this role you will be responsible for providing the accounting and reporting function for our growing distressed debt and loan fund client base. Working for a private equity fund manager would be an advantage. You will be expected to have solid written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Assist to manage the client deliverables and coordinate with different internal departments in multiple jurisdictions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee the maintenance of client general ledgers and other records.
- Review and prepare NAV calculation, audited and unaudited financial statements, partner capital statements, management fee calculation, drawdowns, distributions and the underlying work papers.
- Manage the preparation of regulatory reporting supporting documents such as Form PF, FATCA, BCL, etc. etc. Manage the preparation of tax supporting documents.
- Respond to client ad-hoc enquiries and requests.
- Preparing other ad-hoc reporting where required.
- Provide input to client service plans, calendars and timelines
Client Engagement Management:
- Act as one of the daily points of contact for clients, ensure to communicate promptly and professionally with clients and develop ongoing relationship
- Prepare appropriate material and responses for client meetings and other requests.
- Coordinate, support and facilitate the external audit process and other third party reporting’s.
- Opportunity to broaden exposure by working on investment accounting, fund administration, client servicing and investor servicing.
- Opportunity to work with a global team to develop private equity debt and associated services in EMEA.
- Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment, implement high quality processes with strong focus on process development.
- Coordinate private equity services across internal functions including Cash, Corporate Secretarial, Legal and AML.
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the largest global investment managers.
- Networking and communicating across Private Equity and associated internal and external businesses; interacting with Risk & Controls, Legal, Implementations and Sales.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, general ledgers, financial statements
- Knowledge of private equity, net asset value calculations, capital activities, etc.
- Team player with the ability to lead – this will be very important as cross-team interaction is critical to the smooth running of the group.
- Experience of fund administration preferred
- Experience of Private Equity Debt fund preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills.
- Strong client service focus, including the ability to effectively respond to client needs.
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and procedures.
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or similar) – nearly or fully qualified.
- Experience in accounting (preferably including private equity accounting or partnership accounting).
- University degree (B.A., B.Sc., B.B.S.) in Accounting or Business (preferably majoring in Accountancy or another Financial-related program).
- Results: Meet internal and external demands and deadlines demonstrating ability to operate on initiative in a controlled environment.
- Communication: Disseminate relevant information to all key stakeholders.
- Foresight: Ability to analyse a situation (and its potential solution) and think through all steps to its conclusion.
- Motivation: A positive attitude and a drive to ‘get the job done’.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/UK GAAP and IFRS