Fund Accountant - Private Equity/Private Debt
My client is one of Europe's leading Private Equity/Private Debt firms, investing across senior and subordinated debt, managing and advising approximately $11 billion of capital.
They currently have an opportunity available to join their Fund Control team as a Fund Accountant. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to gain experience in a dynamic and fast growing investment firm.
About the team
The Accounts Team consists of a Finance Controller overseeing the Senior and Junior Fund Teams each of which have a Fund Controller who manages a team of three Fund Accountants. The teams are supported by a Fund Administrator.
About the role
The Fund Accountant is responsible for several entities within the Fund Accounting team, preparing all deliverables for review by the Fund Controller and Finance Officer. Over time, the Fund Accountant will develop into a valuable member of the wider team, becoming a primary point of contact for back and middle office colleagues as well as external LPs.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for
- Quarterly and annual fund accounting for several Guernsey and Luxembourg based closed-ended funds within the Junior debt strategy. This includes reconciliation of the general ledgers, preparation of Fund financial statements, and preparation of Capital Account statements for individual investors
- Quarterly and annual reporting for other entities related to their Funds, including accounts for General Partner entities and internal carry reporting for Founder Limited Partner members;
- Preparation of Drawdown / Distribution calculations and notices for external investors, monitoring cash & liquidity alongside middle office colleagues;
- Key role in year-end Audit, preparing deliverables for Auditors and managing internal timelines;
- Limited Partner Requests - monitoring and preparation of regular and adhoc requests, liaising with the Investor Relations team to provide information to external investors.
- Involvement with third party providers where relevant, for example outsourcing elements of the fund accounting function and ad hoc project work;
- Training - developing an understanding of Fund structures, software and processes.
- Streamlining and improving our reporting processes, documenting procedures.
What my client are looking for
The ideal candidate would need:
- To be a strong team player, flexible and highly motivated and have good attention to detail
- To be newly qualified or up to 2 years post qualified experience with either ACA or ACCA
- Hands on accounts preparation experience coming either from a mid-tier accountancy firm OR from a fund administration firm where you will be working on fund accounting already