Our client a leading Private Equity Firm is now looking to hire a talented and dynamic Private Equity Director to join its growing team
The Private Equity Director will support the effort from a day-to-day perspective with a focus on sourcing, diligence, and monitoring of private equity commitments. You will be responsible for managing and allocating the Private Equity portfolio to meet return expectations and pacing model targets. You will also be responsible for the program’s continuous improvement for both process and reporting. This position will report to the Director of Equity Investments and collaborate on setting the ongoing direction of the Private Equity program.
- Acts as a member of the Private Equity team on sourcing, diligence, and monitoring of private equity commitments.
- Sourcing: Attends conferences, reads industry publications, and maintains relationships with intermediaries and other investors.
- Diligence: Analyses provided data, calls references, and participates in negotiating legal terms.
- Monitoring: Participates in limited partner advisory committees, attends annual meetings, and updates the team’s Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Initiates and maintains contact with general partners, placement agents, portfolio companies and other investors to insure a continuous flow of appropriate investment opportunities.
- Conducts all portfolio management, research, trading, investment strategy, and risk management functions.
- Serves as a member of the Asset Allocation Committee and Stock Selection Committee,
- May assist in ongoing coverage of public equity industries as assigned with responsibility for recommending purchase, sale, and position sizes of holdings.
- May assist in selection and evaluation of outside mutual funds for insurance and client portfolios.
- Investment approach for equity investments emphasizes fundamental analysis of individual companies (e.g., focusing on financial performance, competitive positioning, quality of management), market sectors, and market trends. This approach may involve the use of quantitative screening tools.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Prior investment experience in Private Equity.
- Prior experience in analysing companies for the purpose of making investment decisions.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant investment experience
To discuss this outstanding opportunity further, please contact our Search Director
Niamh O Sullivan