Private Equity Associate; London
- Competitive base salary + discretionary annual bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 18 Apr 19
Our client is a well established international investment firm operating across multiple strategies, including private equity, public equities, fixed income and real estate, globally. Their investment teams cover major international markets from offices in London and New York.
They are now looking to add two associates to the team in London to work within their private equity investment team covering Europe and Asia. The successful candidate should ideally have prior experience in investment banking, within a generalist M&A team. This hire will work collaboratively with the existing team targeting minority, co-investments, fund investments and equity investments in companies across all sectors, typically targeting mid-market and large cap investment opportunities.
Candidates should ideally have spent 2-3 years in an investment banking or private equity role previously.
- Excellent academics from a leading university or Business School, or equivalent.
- Relevant M&A/CF training within a top-tier investment bank or boutique.
- Fluency in English is essential; another European language (verbally and written) would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and technical skills (including financial modelling).
- Strategic thinking and strong commercial judgement.
- High energy, self-confidence, hunger to invest and entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively and to take on responsibility quickly.
The client are seeking a capable and self-effacing investment professional with sound commercial judgement. The role will require a reasonable amount of travel across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.