Private Equity Accountant – UK Family Office
- £45 to £55,000 plus benefits plus pension GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Affinity Selection
- 30 Aug 18 2018-08-30
This prestigious & long established UK family office has considerable funds invested across multiple asset classes in the UK and globally. Within their holdings they have a large & diversified private equity portfolio and are now seeking a experienced private equity accountant to become an integral member of the team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance with regular interaction with the portfolio managers and the principal, you will manage the key relationship with the external provider who records the daily transactions and provide the routine reporting and accounting ledger interface
You will be responsible for providing oversight of all reporting ensuring the accuracy of transactions and provide regular commentary to the family members.
The role is varied and challenging and will include the following responsibilities:
- Montly and quartely investment performance reporting.
- General liaison on day to day matters including set up of new fund investments
- Fulfilment of investment transactions working closely with the safe custodian.
- Preparation of instructions to custodians, moving funds and ensuring all commitments are funded and settled.
- Routine monitoring of cash positions and portfolios held with the safe custodian.
- Consolidation of and statutory accounts for the investment company.
- Manage the annual audit process and liaise with the external tax accountants
- Ongoing enhancement of the investment reporting, particularly within the private equity portfolio.
- Various ad hoc duties.
You will be a part qualified or recently qualified accountant with funds or 'funds of funds' experience and comfortable working with third party service providers. Strong fund reconciliation and performance reporting experience would be very beneficial alongside strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a keen eye for detail. This is a small team environment with a flat structure so a willingness to cover for colleagues during busy periods and leave is very important.
This is an outstanding opportunity to establish a long term career path with one of the UK's most prestigious family offices.