A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced accountant with prior experience across corporate & fund accounting, tax and valuations from a Private Equity or Real Estate background to join a top-tier Private Equity fund. This role will be heavily focussed around commercial and value-add duties so requires someone with a high level of emotional intelligence and gravitas.
The Finance team has a broad remit which is underpinned by the financial and management accounting and reporting for a range of fund and non-fund entities, including the production of quarterly investor reports and annual financial statements, as well as operational financial responsibilities for group companies. The team performs the annual portfolio business valuations, plays a support role in investment and realisation transactions, acts as a “go to” point of contact for current and historical financial information for other teams within the business as well as investors, and takes on ad-hoc projects as directed by the CEO and CFO. The team’s remit also includes portfolio business monitoring which involves interacting with portfolio business finance teams so as to analyse monthly results.
As a leadership position within the finance team, the role will involve the more technical aspects of the finance team’s role as well as exercising sound judgement and providing support to the more junior team members. The role will offer the successful candidate a degree of flexibility to define their role and will provide broad exposure to all aspects of the team’s work. This will include:
- Reviewing quarterly and annual fund management and statutory accounts and related information to ensure compliance with accounting policies and recent technical developments
- Taking the lead on managing the portfolio business valuation process
- Leading the operational finance aspects of the London adviser, including overseeing the production of management information as well as the group consolidation
- Involvement in the strategic planning and budgeting / forecasting process
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of the financial and operating performance of portfolio businesses via review of monthly management information and interaction with the portfolio business finance teams
- Acting as a key contact for accounting teams in Luxembourg, including reviews of management and statutory accounts as well as transaction support work (accounting and treasury functions)
- Overseeing the investor tax reporting process, including the production of periodic tax reports and liaising with third-party advisers to keep abreast of changes and make sure they are considered
- Becoming familiar with regulatory and other reporting requirements and working with advisers and the administrator to ensure ongoing compliance
- The successful candidate will share in the team’s responsibility for maintaining high standards and meeting deadlines and will be expected to improve the team’s efficiency.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant with first-rate academics, analytical skills and IT competence, who has had no less than four years’ relevant experience including fund accounting, management accounting and valuations work
- Able to demonstrate previous responsibility to be independent, multi-task, be flexible and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to judgemental areas of finance and operations
- Excellent communication skills, including strong ability in written English and the self-confidence to interact with and challenge those at the most senior levels
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Preparation of senior level management reporting
- Experience in PE tax reporting
- Additonal European languages