Private Debt Investment Consultant
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 19 Feb 19
Our client is an independent, privately owned, investment consultancy who is looking for a Vice President/Associate Director for their Private Markets team to focus on Private Debt and Credit funds and investments.
The role will bring research and analytical coverage across private markets, primarily private debt but will also include credit and investment grade strategies. They would ideally like someone who has experience within debt and/or credit and who is passionate about the space.
They have a team of 50 including researchers, analysts and support staff, covering asset classes including listed equities, fixed income, hedge funds and private markets (private equity, real estate, infrastructure – both equity and debt). They now advise over 400 of the world’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors and corporations from over 25 countries world-wide.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant experience within private debt or credit, ideally gained in either an advisory capacity (such as another investment consultancy, debt advisor or Big 4 accountancy firm), or directly within an investment role.
- Ideally a strong technical understanding of this specific asset class (a more general private markets knowledge is desirable but not essential, such as debt and credit).
The incoming consultant will be required to assist their clients with:
- Investment objectives
- Asset allocation structures
- Investment manager structures and guidelines
- Investment manager selection and evaluation
- Performance monitoring
The results of the consultant’s analyses will be a set of specific options and recommendations for the client, designed to achieve the long-term investment objectives. You do not need to have done all of the above requirements and these can be learnt.
The level of autonomy and project leadership given to the candidate will depend on his/her level of seniority and number of years of experience in the industry.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing analytical processes as they relate to searches and other advisory work on private markets.
- Researching and evaluating potential investments into funds, separate accounts, club deals and potentially direct investments.
- Developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with the risk tolerance and income needs of the client.
- Advising clients on customized investment solutions in private markets.
- Contributing to the Private Markets team’s efforts in business development and client acquisition, in collaboration with Relationship Managers.
- Intellectually curious in terms of private markets and how they can impact a client’s portfolio
- True team player who can adapt and excel in a fast paced working environment
- Numerate, with good analysis skills
- Knowledge of second language is preferred but not essential
- Ambition to contribute to a market leading team
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a robust environment, presenting their own opinions and:
- Listening to others
- Gravitas and presence
- Energy and enthusiasm
If you think you could be interested in this role or would like to know more information please send you background to Lorianne Burge on firstname.lastname@example.org