Executive Recruitment Partner
The role will provide exposure to our end-to-end process which support both existing and new alternative credit assets, working closely with the front office team and support areas. The role is to run and oversee the operational processes & requirements of all assets within the Private Credit mandates. Given the varied nature of the assets held (direct credit, platforms, and funds), an agile, critical thinker is required to oversee the day to day operational management, as well to ensure new deals are implemented in a controlled and considered manner.
Delivery New business
- Work closely with the Private Market deal teams, understanding the operational implications of a credit deal (accounting, cash flows, valuations, and deal structuring considerations where applicable) – assisting in the implementation of new or existing operating models where required, ensuring understanding is documented, and appropriate controls implemented where necessary.
- This will require being “hands on” and in the detail of all credit related deals, be these direct, or via third party managers.
- Ensuring all SPV related objectives & requirements are appropriately considered, including performing bespoke risk assessments and the implementation of associated mitigants, related to a particular structure.
- Work with external third-party providers, whilst coordinating with stakeholders internally, to ensure any new service provisions with a third party meet the associated deal & structure requirements.
- Liaise with Performance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Finance as required.
- Ensuring smooth settlement of any cash movements.
Delivery existing business
- Oversee a team member who is responsible for asset set up, settlement instruction maintenance.
- Managing efficient funding of the mandates, including requesting FX transactions and instructing fund subscriptions / redemptions and distributions, when necessary.
- Liaison with the Public markets funding function
- Ensuring cash and stock reconciliations are performed daily, with exceptions investigated as required.
- Oversee accounting/IBOR reconciliation process and own issue resolution as appropriate
- Operate with minimal errors
- Liaise with Aztec (external fund accountant) to ensure mandate guidelines are monitored and provide a regular summary report
- Report any events within 24 hours into accelerate
- Oversee data produced for the weekly operating report, and committees, as required
Third party Relationships
- Grow and develop the relationship with Aztec for Fund administration
- Building relationships with the other credit asset related service providers.
- Relationship with JPM for any listed portfolios and for the unitization of Private market mandates
- Attendance at third party service reviews as required
- Manage and oversee another accountant on the team.
- Build a strong relationship across the internal supply chain from initiation to delivery with all areas. Drive solutions that are scalable and controlled.
- Develop close working relationships with PMG and third party service partners
Skills and Experience
- Accounting qualification required (ACA/ACCA)
- CFA/CAIA qualification advantageous
- Deal implementation background, considering operational and finance related components
- Business/ Operational experience of working within an alternative’s manager
- A depth of product knowledge across multiple products (with particular focus on Private Credit)
- Knowledge of fund structuring is advantageous
- Problem solving with independent thought
- Experience of Bloomberg AIM
- Attention to detail
- Track record of initiative/project delivery
- Flexible approach to re-prioritise as needed
- Can do attitude
- Good Excel skills