As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
The role is for a senior engineer within the Core Engineering team in GTI. The team are responsible for building frameworks and libraries which will be consumed by products teams across GTI. The capabilities include code generation to convert API schemas into API and SDK implementations in Java, Python and Go, consistent pipeline validators to build consistency into product pipelines and frameworks to exercise private cloud capabilities to ensure that services delivered to JPMC teams meet a set level of consistency and quality. The role will include working with product teams in the design and deployment of these frameworks. The team operates from London and Bournemouth and is growing in both sites.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems including Python or Java
· Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
· Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
· Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
· Expertise in API Development including use of OpenAPI , Data Modelling and Architecture, CI/CD/Jenkins, Test Automation, software quality and clean code.
· Ability to mentor other members of your team in technical and non-technical skills, and this will require a keenness to take part in pair programming, to lead joint code review sessions, planning sessions and other team ceremonies
· Ability to collaborate with and influence development teams in order to achieve technical, cultural and behavioral changes, to identify software and practice reuse opportunities and to promote excellent practices.
· Experience of developing, documenting and promoting reusable software components
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.