Private Banking Middle Office Administrator - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Operations, CDD & Reporting - London based support for on boarding, CDD Reviews and a centralised MI and Reporting capability.
The Operations Department operates a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) model with a third-party vendor. Responsibility of the outsource providers' quality and KPIs forms part of the end to end service delivery model.
The department operates within the terms of formal service levels agreed with relevant business areas, demonstrating compliance through comprehensive management reporting and measurement against key performance indicators.
The teams are based in London, Channel Islands & Gibraltar and support the business in all jurisdictions.
The MO / CDD team is comprised of teams in London, Channel Islands & Gibraltar ultimately reporting through the Head of Operations to the COO. Regionally, the due diligence required for verification of identity, address, source of wealth, source of funds and the risk related to the nature of the proposed or ongoing business. The unit is responsible for accurate and thorough assessment, evidencing both the review and the conclusions drawn, all in accordance with local legislation and regulatory requirements for CDD/AML. The unit has a degree of direct client contact undertaken in a coordinated manner with each business line in accordance with a Service Level Agreement. The unit is also responsible for controlling, reviewing and maintaining client data and storage of supporting documentation using a dedicated CDD/AML system.
The responsibilities for the team are split between the team and an outsource provider. The team are responsible for the end to end delivery of quality and completeness of revenues. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- To maintain accurate and complete client, portfolio and account master data in relevant KH systems. Accurate and complete data is critical to efficient and effective operations throughout the business.
- Within this role there will be an element of job rotation into other roles at the same level for cross training and individual career development purposes. Where job rotation is implemented, the individual will assume the key accountabilities of the role being undertaken.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Assistance in obtaining basic client data including: identity, residence, source of wealth, source of funds for new monies and completion of any enhanced due diligence that might be required. This info is usually to be obtained with the assistance of client facing staff assigned to the client.
- Conduct new and existing client CDD/AML reviews in accordance with prescribed KH Policy and Procedures and local regulatory rules, regulations and guidance.
- Exercise sensible judgement in determining client AML risk ratings and review periods and diarise clients for follow-on reviews.
- Maintenance of client data in the dedicated CDD/AML system and ensure said data is complete and accurate, and maintained in a timely manner.
- Operate within the terms of Service Level Agreements with the team's internal clients, meeting processing deadlines and turnaround time expectations.
- Provide support and advice to the business with regard to AML requirements, client and account opening, and maintenance client and account data, to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of data is achieved, and where necessary improved.
- Assist with various other duties, which occur from time to time, within the operations department.
Once a competence is demonstrated there will be some scope for autonomy over advice given and documentation subjected to operational standards.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
Seeking information 3
Forming solutions 3
Analysing options 3
Understanding others 3
Facilitating teamwork 3
Developing capability 3
Building confidence 3
Inspiring communication 3
Empowering action 3
Measuring and monitoring performance 3
Level 3 = basic behaviour Work experience
Essential Industry Experience Requirements
- Some experience within related discipline(s)
Essential Technical Skills
- The thorough understanding of the compliance and regulatory regime in which KB operates and of market standards for maintaining client data.
- A broad understanding of the KH product range, the markets in which it operates and the support each business unit needs from the unit.
- Ability to plan and complete work to business unit deadlines and monthly volume targets.
- Ability to exercise commercial judgement regarding CDD requests and AML risk ratings.
- Microsoft Word and Excel to intermediate level.
- Good level of educational qualifications, equivalent to GSCE level C passes or above.
- Securities & Investment Institute Investment Administration Qualification (IAQ) Merit Award / STEP ICSA or equivalent to certificate level.
- Computer literacy across a variety of common applications.
Fluent English is essential.
Other languages helpful asset. Evolution
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 19000JMC
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 02/09/2019
Date of publication: 12/07/2019