Working for a Private Bank specializing in Commercial & Regulated Lending. Their client base is predominantly UK based, mainly large UK estate & HNW individuals. We are looking to attract talented RM’s who are motivated and ambitious. The ideal candidate will have a strong background within Relationship Management focusing on Lending. CeAMP qualified is preferred though experience of managing a Portfolio of Investments, Lending & Mortgages is more important and risk exposure
Overall objectives of the job:
To proactively manage a portfolio of customers, with specific responsibilities around relationship management and credit control. Generates some new business opportunities mainly through referrals from exisiting portfolio, but also some self-generated leads, use of intermediaries and brokers.
A fundamental requirement of this role is that it is a regulated activity and in scope of the Certification Regime. It is therefore subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to understand, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time. This includes passing an annual fitness and propriety assessment.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Predominantly leads the bank’s relationship and manages a portfolio in such a way that delivers the highest level of customer service.
- Business development in line with set objectives to help meet collective departmental metrics through developing professional contacts, following up on self-generated leads and existing customers.
- Interaction with some of the bank’s intemedary contacts to help build their portfolio.
- Ensures that we look after customers in the best possible way through natural promotion of the bank’s services, and external introductions via the ‘trusted adviser’ approach
- Contributes to the deaprtment’s Tax, MHT and Tresury referrals
- Assess and make recommendations for suitability of prospective customers.
- Prepare Customer reviews in a timely manner.
- Proactive Customer contact, and support RMA where necessary on day to day issues.
- Provide internal guidance on banking issues.
- Provides support and cover for other RM’s within team, able to professionally follow up on prospective customer and new business leads from other RM’s.
- Ensures there is a high, diverse, attendance rate at events across the Relationship Manager population.
- Sets high standards & follows established bank policies and procedures ensuring they demonstrate accountability in their role.
- Responsible for the effective management, or day to day oversight, of the RMA to help achieve excellent customer service and to drive their development within the RMA matrix.
Risk and Control
- Prepare lending propositions (execute Regulated Mortgage and Consumer Contracts in a controlled and complaint manner for good quality customer outcomes).
- Understand and oversea the security documentation and security database.
- Monitor daily overdraft positions.
- Have an awareness of key risks in the role and good familiarisation with processes and procedures.
- Ideally educated to degree standard with ACIB/BSc in Financial Services or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 A levels grades A-C or equivalent qualification.
- CeMAP qualification and a desire to undertake other relevant professional qualifications are essential.
- Obtain and maintain an Individual Certificate of Fitness and Propriety that will be issued by the bank annually. The bank will set such conditions as may be required by the PRA/FCA or market/best practice for the award of a Certificate of Fitness from time to time.
Background and experience necessary:
- A proven track record as a Relationship Manager is preferred, with ability of successfully creating new business independently as well as from existing customers
- Strong networking and relationship skills.
- Will have had experience in Credit Risk and be able to show a good understanding of regulatory requirements of a Relationship Manager.
- Candidates must have a sound knowledge of financial matters, UK/Global economy and financial products and services.
- It is expected that candidates will be familiar with the usual office systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as experience in using a customer relationship management (CRM) system.