Principal Solutions Architect - Financial Services - AWS
This role is within the UK organisation and you will be working with Enterprise Financial Services customers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organisations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects also take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices.
Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's business needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology. To do this they collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a Solutions Architect, you will work directly with strategic customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes.
• You will own the technical relationship with the customer and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the AWS platform.
• Create and capture best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Help develop the technical elements of the AWS go-to-market strategy, and the plan to engage with customers and partners, within your area of responsibility.
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or technical background.
• Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Working knowledge of AWS and cloud native architectures
• Experience working in a customer-facing role
• Passion for technology and for learning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• Experience working with C-suite Enterprise customers
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)