Principal, Relationship Mgmt
- Independently develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention.
- Identifies opportunities to evolve client business for incremental account growth.
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives.
- From a global, bank-wide perspective, assigned moderate to large emerging client accounts with high-growth potential and increased complexity of strategic needs across a region or globally.
- Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients business environment. As the client advocate, often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision.
- Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth. Research client issues and bring to resolution. May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction ensuring continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings.
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement. Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio. Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and often serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. May assist with prospecting new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients.
- Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience.
- Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership.
- Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.) In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly. Attend industry events and conferences to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- No direct reports. Provide guidance to less experienced Relationship Managers as needed.
- Responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth (revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio. Manages overall relationship profitability of moderate to large-sized clients with increased complexity.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Customer/Client Service Internal Jobcode:
Global Collateral Management-HR07720 Requisition Number: