Principal, Relationship Management
- IC5 Independently develops the strategic plan for managing existing client relationships.
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership (C-Suite) on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives.
- Assigned clients are key to the units achievement of its goals and objectives.
- Client accounts are significantly large in size, complex and/or global, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche area or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services.
- If necessary, leads team implementation of firm-wide initiatives.
- Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients business environment.
- Primary client advocate and ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision.
- Advise on firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges.
- Research client issues and bring to resolution.
- May be assigned as owner/expert of a particular process or product.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings.
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
- Provide clients with industry expertise sharing trends as well as current and potential impact on the client business model.
- Identify areas where the firm may be underserving the clients interests and recommend resolution/approach.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience.
- Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership.
- Recommend areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback and may deliver thought leadership feedback both internally and externally to clients.
- Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.)
- Serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the firm. In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly.
- Attend industry events and conferences to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- No direct reports.
- Provide guidance to less experienced Relationship Managers as needed.
- May lead small teams and enlist and lead other RMs to assist in managing very large, global complex accounts.
- Teams are geographically dispersed with multiple reporting lines, adding to complexity of oversight.
- Responsible for achievement of client relationship goals within assigned client portfolio.
- Manages overall relationship of key clients with complex needs.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai Job:
Sales/Marketing Internal Jobcode:
TS REL MGMT AND BUS DEV-HR07024 Requisition Number: