Principal Product Manager - Custody
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Principal Product Manager - Custody
Custody Product Manager
BNY Mellon is a global investment company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com .
Report to the Head of Custody Product Management, the Custody Product Manager is charged with the overall and global responsibility for creating and developing new products as well as maintaining the existing ones as market and client needs evolve.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast of market, investor types and regulatory changes, understanding if and how they will trigger new needs and/or obligations.
- Translate new needs and/or obligations into new product proposals (scope, business case).
- Upon approval of new product proposal, develop the collateral material in collaboration with subject matter experts (network country manager, operational managers, legal, compliance, client financing, IT, marketing…) and submit the product for final approval to the relevant committees.
- Present the new products to our internal forums and our clients.
- Develop and maintain the strategic roadmap of his product range.
- Represent GPM Custody Product Team in industry forums.
- The incumbent must have broad and deep knowledge of the Custody combined with an appetite to read into its challenges and changes our client's future needs.
- This job requires the capacity to quickly assimilate market and regulatory changes as well as good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Our products being local and/or global, require the product manager to connect the dots across many areas, investor types and regions.
Nature and Area of Impact:
- This job requires the creation and development of new products, the maintenance and support of existing ones in order to generate new revenues and retain existing ones.
- It requires to listen and to interact with many stakeholders across our global organization as well as with our clients and senior management.
Interactions and Interpersonal Skills:
- Creating and developing product demands an appetite for changes, an open mind to anticipate new trends and needs.
- Leading the creation of new products requires strong interpersonal skills, capability to focus on objectives and to keep the ball rolling despite the obstacles, very good communication skills.
- Being recognized as the ‘go to person' on the product.
- College degree;
- Extensive custody industry/financial services experience;
- Client facing and product experience are a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 60189
Organization: ASSET SERVICING EMEA-HR06400
Requisition Number: 1712800