Principal, Product Management - Agile Product Owner
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
Principal, Product Management - Agile Product Owner
• Leads Product Management, Development and Strategy for large and/or complex products and a dedicated "product capability" area for the Collateral & Financing Business
• Within the Agile Development Framework, the Senior Product Specialists acts as the primary agile owner of the product, empowered to make all product decisions, which requires strong content background and experience from previous roles in the collateral & finance industry
• Represents primary stakeholder and all stakeholder interests of a "product" or "product capability area".
• Is accountable for maximizing the value of the product including business outcomes or ROI.
• Ensures that work being performed by the team directly aligns to priority, vision and strategy of the broader Collateral Business.
• Collaborating with customers, stakeholders and development teams to ensure that the Product Backlog represents what is valuable and appropriate to deliver business value.
• Driving iterative, incremental development aimed at validating key assumptions to support best outcomes and quick speed to market of validated solutions.
• Ensuring development team understands Product Backlog items to the level needed.
• Managing product budget to balance value, risk, effort and time for the represented stakeholders.
• Owning the roadmap/plan and reporting progress of work towards meeting business goals/target outcomes.
• Ordering product backlog items to best achieve business goals/target outcomes, balancing risk and opportunity effectively.
• Engaging with stakeholders and customers to be available to development teams throughout product development.
• Participating and collaborating with Scrum team during Scrum events.
• Reviewing and accepting Product Backlog items. Making release decisions as appropriate.
• Partnering with Scrum Master and the surrounding organization in removing impediments impacting the team's progress.
• Brings good expertise on industry trends, market segments, regulatory requirements and competitor services/offerings for collateral management or the broader securities finance industry.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a Product Owner role for a software development team using rigorous Scrum structure. Previous experience from broader product management roles, also in waterfall methodology is helpful.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the derivatives, collateral or securities finance industry
• Ability to set the vision and align teams to target outcomes.
• Demonstrable success working with global and remote development teams.
• Business acumen to lead product, making pragmatic tradeoffs and effective economic decisions.
• Strong digital awareness and understanding.
• Awareness of the marketplace for the product domain, understanding of the collateral ecosystem.
• Strong leadership traits, communication, stakeholder management and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Preferred: Profession Scrum Product Owner Certification (PSPO I/PSPO II).
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1812375