Principal Partner Solutions Architect - Retail
DESCRIPTION Would you like to help build the EMEA Retail Industry Partner ecosystem for Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you want to work with the some of the most innovative Retail companies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches?
Come join us!
The AWS Partner Solutions Architecture team is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices and solving complex business challenges focusing on the Retail industry.
As a technical leader for Retail, you will collaborate with software and consulting companies to build scalable, secure, and high-performance solutions on AWS. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen and executive communication skills that enables them to engage at all levels of an organization.
You will be as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS software and consulting partners, from well-established tech & consulting giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will author whitepapers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
Candidates should demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of Retail businesses and Retail specific workloads including ECommerce, Point of Sale (POS), Merchandizing and Planning, Supply Chain and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Experience working directly with enterprise customers is required, and prior experience working with technology companies is a plus. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required.
This role could also be based in Paris, Munich, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Milan, Madrid and Stockholm.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic qualifications
• BA/BS degree: computer science, mathematics, engineering
• Enterprise customer-facing experience
• 10+ years of technical and analytical IT experience
• 3+ years experience in the Retail industry
• Technical knowledge of legacy and modern application architectures and commercial software used across the Retail industry
• Understanding of enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, software development lifecycle
• Experience working effectively across internal organizations and with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Language: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred qualifications
• Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
• Experience with AWS services including AWS Certifications
• International Retail industry experience and knowledge.
• Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and the application of these analytic approaches to Retail workloads.
• Enterprise solutions selling experience
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.